5 Safe Casino Payment Methods For UK Players In 2020
There are many safe casino payment methods for UK players. In most cases, you probably have one that you can use right now. But before you choose what payment method to use, make sure that you understand what makes it safe first.
When the first online banking methods were launched, people were hesitant to use it. They were not enthusiastic about this new payment method’s ability to keep their money safe. But with the improvements done by online banking companies, this steadily grew in popularity. People started to trust that it is a safe way to make financial transactions.
It also made things very convenient for online casino players in the UK. Now. they have more options to fund their online casino accounts. The challenge now is finding the safe options that can be used.
Safe financial transactions in online casinos
To choose the safe casino payment methods that UK online players can use, it’s important to identify what makes it “safe” in the first place.
There are two important signs that will prove you can trust an online casino to provide safe financial transactions.
- If the operator or owner of the online casino has a license with gambling authorities, it means financial transactions in the site are safe and secure. Otherwise, they will not be given a license to operate the online casino. Look for a license from the likes of the UK Gambling Commission and the Malta Gaming Authority. The UKGC, in particular, require online casinos to adhere to the Data Protection Act before they are granted a license to operate.
- High-tech security systems. This includes secure firewalls and state-of-the-art encryption technology. If you are looking at a reputable online casino, evidence of the firewalls and encryption technology should be visible. Usually, it’s found at the bottom part of the home page. It is shown like a seal or certificate. You can also read about the details in the terms and conditions of the online casino. The presence of these security systems means personal information and financial transactions will always be kept confidential.
Unless the online casino that you choose to play in has these two, don’t use their payment methods. Chances are, it’s not safe.
5 safe casino payment methods
Now that you know how to identify where safe casino payment methods are, what are the specific options you can use?
Before we go through the specific ones, what are the types of financial transactions you can use?
- Credit and debit cards. If you’re playing in the UK, you won’t be allowed to use credit cards anymore. However, you can still use debit cards. It’s easy to use this to fund your online casino account. Just provide relevant details of your card and account. Usually, making a deposit through your debit card will be credited immediately. But expect to pay charges that range from 0.8% to 1.3%.
- E-Wallets. When it comes to payment options from the digital world, this is the most popular one that online casino players opt for. An eWallet account allows you to store your card details safely. It’s also very convenient. You can store more than one credit or debit card account.
- Offline Banking. This is a great option for those who still don’t want to use online methods. You can opt to go to the bank and ask them to transfer the money into your online casino account for you. That’s possible. It will take longer and there are fees involved. But it’s an option that is safe and effective for you to use.
- Mobile Payments. This is a rising option among online players – especially with the growing popularity of mobile casinos. While it’s already accepted by a lot of online casinos, there are still those that do not have it as an option.
This is considered to be the largest payment network in the world. So it’s just fitting that it will be the first in our list of safe casino payment methods. Since it’s a well-known payment option, there’s a high chance that you already have an account with Visa. And you can bet that it’s accepted in most online casinos – if not all. Just make sure you use only your debit card if you’re playing from the UK to avoid having your account declined.
When it comes to credit and debit cards, MasterCard comes in as a very close competitor of Visa. This is also widely accepted as a payment option in online casinos. In fact, you’ll probably find that any online casino that accepts the other will not decline a MasterCard. You probably have this already in your wallet. So there’s really no need to set anything up separately. Besides, this is a safe option to use – as long as you only register your debit card especially if you’re a player from the UK.
Skrill is one of the top options that you can use if you’re more comfortable using E-Wallets. This used to be known as Moneybookers when it was launched in 2001. You can trust that this is a safe electronic payment option because they adhere to the regulations of the Financial Services Authority (FSA) in the UK. Compared to Neteller and PayPal, you’ll probably find more of this payment option accepted on online casinos.
If you are one of those who prefer to use offline payment methods, use Bank Wire. It’s the best option that you can use to transfer our cash to an online casino. This option allows you to choose if you’ll send the cash through your local bank or a specialized cash office. Make sure that you take into account the processing fee to have your money transferred. Not only that, this will also take some time before it’s reflected in your account. So don’t expect that you can play immediately.
The best mobile payment option that you can choose is Zimpler. It’s a Swedish mobile payment option that used to be known as “PugglePay” back in 2016. This option provides a simple and very convenient way to fund your online casino account. You simply use your smartphone to transfer money. As long as you are transferring through a secure network and into a safe online casino, your money will not be in danger of getting lost.
Where to find payment methods
Now that you know the safe casino payment methods that UK players can use, the next question is, where can you find these?
Since online casinos want you to make deposits, they won’t make it hard for you. After all, they want you to play for real money. That’s how they’ll make profit too. So you can rest assured that they’ll have a complete guide on how you can make a deposit.
You have to remember that online casinos have different payment method selections. Before you choose where you’ll play online games, you have to know if the casino has the payment method that you prefer.
The list can be found in several places on the online casino.
- Footer of the online casino’s homepage
- FAQ section
- Payment Section (deposit or withdrawal sections)
- Terms and conditions
Again, this will vary depending on the online casino that you will choose.
While you are identifying the payment methods that you will use, it’s important to take note of specific information that will affect your financial transactions.
- Minimum amount for both deposits and withdrawals
- Processing time for deposits (usually immediate except for offline banking)
- Processing time for withdrawals (usually 1 to 7 days, depending on payment method)
- Accepted currencies
Play Slots with Real Money – A UK Guide
Are you a first-time slot player? There is no doubt that playing it for the…
Play Roulette with Real Money – A UK Guide
The thrill of spinning the Roulette wheel can't be surpassed. Roulette is the most fun…
Play Blackjack with Real Money – A UK Guide
Blackjack is one of the most popular games in the world. It is a game…
Sites like Bet365
Bet365 has become familiar for many casino players and bettors out there over the years.…
Sites like Betfair Casino
Betfair Casino and sportsbook was founded in 1999, making it one of the oldest and…
Use Skrill for instant minimum deposit at online casino
Skrill, formerly known as Moneybookers, is an easy-to-use online wallet that many online casinos offer…