Here is how you play Craps Online
If anyone were to walk blindfolded into a casino, then one game table they would easily identify is the Craps table. There is perhaps no other that draws as much excitement and drives the high level of tension as this dice game does. Unlike other casino games where players are usually playing all by themselves, Craps attracts a crowd, especially if the person betting on the table is on a hot streak. The cheers, the groans, the claps, and even the whistles simply add to the atmosphere of the game. The crowd at the table probably feels as much part of the dice game as the person playing it.
The dice game is not as recent as some people may believe. It has had a long journey, through the ages, through various cultures and continents, through land and sea to becoming one of the most popular gambling offerings. This is how the game developed:
- The origins of the game are said to have developed during the crusade years.
- An interesting note is that the very first version of the game that reached American shores had a flaw in it.
- In the early version, the betters could easily win against the casino that used fixed dice.
- The modern version of the game played today resulted when this error was fixed by introducing the ‘Don’t Pass’ option.
But enough of the history lesson. The dice game has evolved through the ages and made its way from the brick and mortar casinos to the new age digital platforms. One thing, however, remains the same. Craps is one of the most fun games to indulge in if you feel a bit lucky and want to earn some quick cash.
How to play
The beauty of the dice game is that it does not take a lot of mental calisthenics or thought process to win and win big at it. That is one of the reasons why the craps table at casinos attracts a large crowd and a large number of players as well. All that the players have to do is make a bet and then watch the dice roll out the numbers. The beauty of the dice game is that a player can either win straight away, lose straight away, or strike a number that allow them to continue and try their luck again. The fact that all of this happens in a quick tempo just adds to the overall excitement, attracting players and crowds alike.
- The first thing that any player needs to know is that the bets must be placed after the first roll of the dice, which is known as the come out roll.
- A bet can be placed on the Pass Line. What this means is that the player will win if the dice rolls up a 7 or 11.
- If the dice rolls up a sequence of either 4, 5, 6, 8, 9 or 10, they have made the ‘point number’, which gives another chance at the dice.
- Numbers 2, 3 and 12 result in the person losing the Pass Line bet.
- A player can also bet on the opposite of the Pass Line, which is known as a Don’t Pass Line. Here they win on the numbers 2 and 3, and tie if it is a 12. The point numbers are the same and allow another chance to the player. Once the point is established, the player then needs to roll a 7 before rolling a point number again. Otherwise they lose the bet.
The rules may seem a bit confusing for players who are trying their hand for the first time at Craps. But if they stick with it, they will soon be having a lot of fun and can win big as well.
The dice game offers players more than a good chance to multiply their winnings. Some of these special odds are:
- Pass Odds: Once the point number is established on the first roll (the come out), the players get an opportunity to increase their winnings by placing odds behind the Pass Line, like an additional bet. The bet wins if another point number is rolled before a 7. The odds offered by a Craps game can vary greatly from 2x up to a 100x.
- Don’t Pass Odds: This is for players who chose the Don’t Pass Line. The difference is that a 7 must be rolled before a point number for the player to win the additional bet. In contrast to the Pass Odds, the Don’t Pass version only offers a 6x winning to the player.
The online gaming world is an intensely competitive business, which is good news for the players. The different gaming companies offer greater odds to attract more and more people to their Craps table.
Players who are looking to make a quick buck can aim for the easy wins on the Craps table. These include:
- The Snake Eyes – Player wins if the shooter rolls 2.
- C & E – This maximises the player’s chance of winning by allowing them to place two bets. One is on the ‘Craps’ number (2, 3 or 12); the other is on the ‘Yo’ number (11).
- Any Craps – A player wins if the dice rolls up 2, 3, or 12.