Safe NZ Online Casinos In 2020
There are many safe NZ online casinos for avid pokie players in New Zealand. Whether you intend to be a serious online player or you just want to play to pass the time, your safety should always be a primary concern.
When it comes to your safety, it’s important to be overly critical of the online casinos that you will choose to play on. After all, the games you will play in online casinos are already risky. That’s why you call it a gamble. You don’t want to add to the risk by not scrutinizing the online casinos that you will choose to play on.
Some people might think that it’s overwhelming to search for the right casino. There are thousands of casinos online. But if you know the signs of safe NZ online casinos, the search will not be hard.
This article will help you identify what these signs are so you won’t have a hard time looking for the best online casino to play your favourite pokies.
Why you need to choose safe online casinos
There are specific reasons why you need to make an effort to find only safe online casinos. This is especially true for New Zealand players.
The Gambling Act of 2003
Gambling in New Zealand is regulated by the Department of Internal Affairs. To be honest, it’s a bit tricky for New Zealanders to determine which of the online casinos are legitimate or not. But if you understand the Gambling Act of 2003, it’ll be easier for you.
Under this act, online casinos are strictly prohibited to offer their gaming services to the locals. The only exemptions are the New Zealand Lotteries Commission and the sports and racing betting agency, TAB. Any other casinos operating in New Zealand are not allowed to let locals play on their sites.
So where can local pokie players play? As long as the online casino is operating in another country like the UK or Malta, you can opt to play there. You should also make sure that they are duly licensed by their respective local regulatory authorities.
Other reasons to choose safe NZ online casinos
Apart from the Gambling Act of 2003, there are also two other reasons why you need to look for safe NZ online casinos.
- Because you give them your personal information. To be able to play for real money, you have to register and provide your personal information. This includes sensitive information like your name, address, and contact details. These can be used against you if it is accessed by the wrong people.
- Because you have to deposit actual money. You need to make a deposit so you can play and win actual money. This means you have to provide the financial details. Like if you will use your credit card, you have to provide the information so you can transfer money from it and into your account. The same is true for your bank accounts.
The fact that there are online casinos out there that cannot be trusted is enough reason for you to be careful. It’s very easy for some people to create online casino websites.
Imagine giving your personal and financial information on those sites. If your information is taken from those sites because they did not take security seriously, you could be in big trouble. Cybercriminals can use it to commit a lot of identity fraud and theft.
4 signs of safe NZ online casinos
When choosing online casinos, there are a couple of things that you need to consider.
- Bonus offers. Check the welcome bonus and free spins that they offer. It should be generous and fair, specifically when it comes to the wagering requirements and terms and conditions. You should also check if there are promos for both new and old online players.
- Game selections. We all want to be able to choose from a huge selection of games. From pokies to roulette, blackjack, and poker – you should be able to choose different varieties.
- Payment options. The best casinos should allow flexibility. That means they should offer you a lot of options like credit and debit cards, e-wallets, bank wire transfers, etc. Obviously, these should be available in NZ dollars.
- Customer support. Even the most perfect online casino still encounters problems from time to time. Make sure the customer support is accessible across different platforms like live chat, email, and even phone.
- Mobile version. If the online casino is accessible through mobile devices, this is another reason to choose it over the rest. Most online casinos are optimised for mobility so this makes it very convenient for a lot of online players.
Apart from these, it’s also important for you to take safety and security into consideration. There are 4 important signs that will tell you that an online casino is safe.
If you are having a hard time finding the security measures of an online casino, that’s not a good sign. The online casino should be very upfront with their security measures. They should have the certificates, seals, and logos in the home page footer so online players can immediately see what protection they are getting.
Here are the things that you should check.
- License. Since you can’t play at local online casinos in New Zealand, you have to look for licenses from regulatory authorities in other countries. This includes the UK Gambling Commission and the Malta Gaming Authority. A license means the online casino is making an effort to secure their site – at least if they want to maintain the license.
- Fair games policy. The integrity of the games has to be obvious. Look for certificates or seals from eCOGRA, TST (Technical Systems Testing), or GLI (Gaming Laboratories International) – among others. These are independent testing agencies that will check the Random Number Generator and other software used on the site. These should always be audited to ensure fair gameplay.
- Payout percentage. The testing agencies are responsible for checking these. It’s all about making sure that the RTP (return to player) is a match with the actual payout percentage. Slot games should have a range of 94% to 97% RTP. Table games should have a house edge that’s lower than the RTP.
- Software provider. The more reputable the online casino is, the more they will be picky about the software providers they will partner with. Look for the biggest game developers in the list of providers. These developers will ensure that their games are not just without technical issues. They will also ensure that the games are very secure.
There are many signs that will tell you that safe NZ online casinos have adequate security systems in place.
- Look at the URL and make sure it starts with “https://”. The address bar should also show a lock icon. These two are the basic signs that a site is secure.
- Logos of security software providers. These include McAfee, TRUSTe, Rapid SSL, Norton Secured, etc. These will show that the online casino is regularly checking and protecting the site from malware and viruses.
These will ensure that your data, both personal and financial, will always be protected.
But apart from these, you should also check out the payment methods offered by the online casino. They should be able to offer several options – specifically from major payment networks. The options should include credit/debit cards, e-wallets, mobile payments, prepaid cards, and even some offline banking options like bank wire transfers.
Beyond the options, you should also make sure that transparency is also in effect here. The fees, charges, penalties, and the process to deposit and withdraw money should be visible and easy to understand.
You can also identify safe NZ online casinos through bonus offers. Online casinos use this to attract new players to try out their website. But they won’t just give it out of the goodness of their hearts. They will require something from you. Usually, they want you to register or make a deposit.
Make sure you weigh what they want from you. If it seems like the offer is too good to be true, it probably is.
Check the following to ensure that the bonus offer is fair.
- Terms and conditions. This should be visible and easy to access and understand. There is usually a separate T&C’s for bonuses alone. This will help you understand what is expected of you to fully enjoy the bonus and any winnings that you’ll get out of it.
- Wagering requirements. This is what you have to meet if you want to cash out your winnings. Let’s assume the wagering requirement is 20x, the bonus is $100, the deposit is $100. You have to wager a total value of $2,000. If the bonus and deposit requirement is combined, the wagering requirement will be $4,000.
- Validity period. Bonus offers and free spins usually come with an expiry date. The bonus offers are longer than the free spins. So make sure you know the validity so you will not forfeit your winnings.
- Game contributions. The casino games will not have the same contribution to the wagering requirement. Pokies usually have a 100% contribution. That means if you win $100, all of that amount will become a part of the wagering requirement. For the other games, it will only be a percentage of what you really won.
The bonus offer should make it easy for you to win and withdraw your winnings.
The last sign of safe NZ online casinos is if they promote responsible gaming. If an online player becomes addicted to gambling, this would mean more money for the online casino. But the regulatory authorities do not want this. They want online casinos to make sure that they have a program, reminders, and other measures in place to help their players be more responsible.
For instance, there should be contact details for non-profit organisations that can help players with any gambling issues. The online casino should also provide a feature that will allow players to limit their betting amount and even the time spent gambling.
The responsible gaming details should be available in the terms and conditions of the website. Make sure you read every detail so you’ll know that you can rely on them to keep you from any gambling addictions.
3 safe online casinos in NZ
Armed with the knowledge of how to find safe NZ online casinos, you can now find the right one that you can play safely on.
To help you with this, here are 3 online casinos that we can guarantee are safe for New Zealand players.
Casino Cruise is serious about providing the safest gaming experience to its online players. Although the registration process is pretty straightforward, they will make sure that you go through the verification process before you can withdraw your winnings. This ensures that only you can withdraw your money.
The site is also licensed and registered by the UK Gambling Commission and the Malta Gaming Authority. To maintain a license with these two, Casino Cruise has to make sure they meet the strict safety and security standards. From the firewalls to SSL-encryption technology to the regular audits to ensure fair gameplay, you can be assured that these will all be in place as long as the online casino holds a license with these two regulatory authorities.
With over 1,000 games, you are sure to have awesome gaming experience. These games are provided by the best software providers. You can expect high-quality regardless of the game you choose.
Your financial transactions will be guaranteed safe since the online casino only works with major payment networks. In case there are any concerns, customer support is accessible through different options: live chat, email, and phone.
You will also find enough resources that will help you be responsible at playing online games. There are links and information provided to help you set limits to your bets and gaming periods.
Voodoo Dreams Casino
This mysterious, fun, and dark online casino is another favourite among NZ online players. Voodoo Dreams Casino holds a license from two well-known regulatory authorities, the UK Gambling Commission and the Malta Gaming Authority. That alone should indicate that this online casino is as safe and secure as you can expect.
Playing in this online casino can be quite entertaining. Apart from the library of games from reputable software providers, they also have a game that allows players to win points. Every point opens more doors for new bonus offers and promotions. It adds a lot of excitement to the overall gaming experience. You’ll find that depositing to play for real money will be worth it for what you will get. With the different payment methods they’ve made available, it’ll be very easy to deposit and withdraw your winnings.
This online casino is also serious when it comes to the security of their online players. They have state-of-the-art SSL-encryption technology and a customer service that is always ready to help. If there are concerns, you can reach them through email and live chat.
BGO Casino has all the qualities of being one of the safe NZ online casinos that you can choose. They hold licenses from the Alderney Gambling Control Commission and British Gambling Commission. This means they have to maintain specific security measures and systems to keep their license to operate their online casino. They even have visible resources that promote responsible gaming among new and loyal players.
Their concern about your security is a welcome relief since playing in this online casino is really worth it. You have all your favourite games, from the pokies to the table games. These are all from reputable game developers who make sure their games are fair and random.
To make the gaming experience even more exciting, you‘ll also get a lot of bonuses and freebies. You have a welcome bonus, loyalty programs, and other regular promotions. Most of these will require you to make a deposit – but that’s okay. The payment methods offered by the online casino involve major and reputable payment networks. The deposit and withdrawal processes are both easy and as quick as possible.
The online casino will also make sure that your concerns are dealt with. There are different options to reach customer support: from emails to live chat or even the form on the site itself.