Play Roulette With Real Money – A NZ Guide
New Zealand players can play roulette with real money anytime they want.
Roulette is one of the popular table games all over the world. In fact, the roulette wheel is a popular symbol for gambling in general. This is true for all casinos, both land-based and online. It’s not surprising since this game is really fun to play. Once you get to know the game mechanics and basic rules, you’ll realize what a great game this can be.
But that doesn’t mean you should be careless about playing this table game. Roulette is a game of chance. That means you have an equal chance to win like everyone else. Still, you need to get to understand the game very well for you to know where to put your bets. You have to know how you can protect yourself by understanding the rules of the game.
Apart from that, it’s beneficial for you to know the safety measures that you should put in place. This will allow you to play roulette without endangering your finances. After all, gambling can be addictive. But the more you know about playing roulette, the fewer chances that you’ll be in any danger.
That’s what this roulette review would like to help with. Hopefully, you’ll know more about this table game so you can enjoy playing as you stay in the comforts of your home in New Zealand.
Table of Contents
Play roulette online with real money
What do you need to know before you play roulette with real money online?
A lot! Your primary concerns are security and entertainment. The game of roulette is risky already. You want to make sure that the platform you’ve chosen to play in is safe and secure. So finding a reputable online casino is a must to protect the real money you’re playing with.
Doing adequate research about the game before playing will help you make the right choices when you play roulette with real money. That way, you can enjoy the game without worrying that you’re putting your finances in danger.
Read reviews and pay attention to other NZ players that you’ll encounter. Some online players like to talk while playing live games. Listen to what they have to say while you play live roulette games with them.
Online roulette in New Zealand
So what is it like to play roulette in New Zealand?
Here are the important facts you need to know.
- The Gambling Act of 2003 holds legal information about gambling in New Zealand.
- The act recognised sports betting, lotteries, scratch cards, etc.
- The Gambling Commission provides gambling licenses for all casino operators.
- You need to be 20 years old before you can gamble in New Zealand. That’s the legal gambling age.
- 80% of New Zealanders gamble regularly. This is for all available forms of gambling in the country.
- Slot machines are locally called “pokies” – which is usually found in bars and hotels too.
- The biggest land-based casino in New Zealand is SkyCity in Auckland.
- Mobile roulette is gaining popularity among New Zealanders – with online casinos offering free play and real money versions through both mobile browsers and downloadable apps.
Basic rules of online roulette
Online roulette is not that far from that version of what you can play in land-based casinos. But still, you need to do your research and learn the basic rules of playing this game.
Basically, the game involves spinning a wheel with a ball in it and hoping that it will land on the winning number or colour pocket that is the same as where you placed your bet on the table.
Here are the things you need to remember about the basic rules of roulette
- All players must place their bets before the wheel spins.
- Players are allowed to place more than one bet.
- No more bets are allowed once the wheel starts spinning.
- The dealer or croupier will spin the wheel once the bets are all placed.
- Once the wheel stops, the ball will land on a specific number or colour.
- If the ball lands on the same number or colour where you put your bet on, you win.
- Losing bets will immediately go to the house.
Take note that the specific rules of winning will depend on the variant you choose to play. The European Roulette, American Roulette, and French Roulette all have varying rules that will affect how you win or lose.
Best online roulette casinos in NZ 2020
You may know the basic rules of online roulette, that doesn’t mean you can already play. An important part of what you should do is to choose the right online casino to play in. The online casino plays an important role in making sure your games are safe and secure.
Although the online roulette games are designed by game developers to be safe, they’re not the ones holding the funds you use to place your bets. When you play roulette with real money, that cash is kept by the online casino. If the site is not secure, your gaming experience will be influenced by that.
Fortunately, there are a lot of online casinos that are trustworthy and reliable. Here are two of the best online roulette casinos that players from New Zealand can choose from.
Play roulette at LeoVegas Casino
LeoVegas Casino probably needs no introduction. This online casino is one of the most popular ones you’ll find online. They have a huge variety of games (pokies, table games, video games, etc) that would appeal to New Zealand players.
But before you start, you need to register first. Provide all the necessary information requested to get a validation code that will be sent to your mobile number and email address. After the validation, you can immediately make a deposit using one of the secure payment options offered by the online casino. But take note that you still need to complete a separate verification process so you’ll be allowed to withdraw your winnings.
Don’t worry about the information you’ll provide. This online casino uses state-of-the-art technology that’ll protect your transactions and information. The operator of LeoVegas Casino has multiple licenses from the Malta Gaming Authority, UK Gambling Commission, the Danish Gambling Authority, and even the Revenue Commissioners in Ireland.
In case you encounter problems, don’t worry. LeoVegas Casino’s customer support can be reached through email, phone, and live chat. There’s also an FAQ section for the most comment questions.
Why NZ players like it…
- Offers different variants of the game like LeoVegas First Person Roulette, European Roulette, American Roulette, Double Zero Roulette, etc.
- Has a live casino option where you can play LeoVegas Live Roulette.
- Give you the option to play through your mobile device – whether it’s iOS or Android. You can access it through your mobile or by downloading an app.
- These online roulette games allow bets for as low as NZ$0.01 per spin.
Play roulette at Dunder Casino
Dunder Casino is another option for New Zealand players who want to play online roulette. Operated by MT Secure Trade, this online casino knows how to provide the best gaming experience.
To get started, register your account by following a few simple steps. This won’t take long. You just have to be honest with your information. It’ll give you access to hundreds of online casino games – pokies, table games, etc. Once you are registered, you can deposit so you can start playing. Just take note that you can’t make a withdrawal unless you have completed the verification process.
If you’re worried about your security, there’s no need. There are security measures in place and the operator has multiple licenses. These are from the UK Gambling Commission and the Malta Gaming Authority.
If you ever need assistance, the customer support team of Dunder Casino is accessible through live chat, email, and even social media. There’s also an FAQ section on the website.
Why NZ players like it…
- There are various roulette options like Advanced Roulette, European Roulette, American Roulette, French Roulette, etc.
- The live casino offers Live Roulette and Live London Roulette. The latter is in an actual casino in central London.
- The online roulette games are available through mobile devices for both iOS and Android. You have to use the mobile browser to access your account.
- Top bets in the VIP Roulette can go as high as NZ$2,000. For Roulette Advanced High Limit, it can go as high as NZ$5,000.
Tips to play roulette with real money
To play roulette with real money and have a high chance of winning, you have to learn what you can about the game. This can be a very rewarding game. While it’s mainly based on chance, there are still strategies you can use to ensure that you’ll win the game.
It all starts by getting to know the different variants that you can play with.
Types of online roulette games
There are several variants of online roulette. These are mostly inherited from land-based casinos.
- American Roulette: This is the US version that has an additional 00 pocket. The payout from every spin is still the same. That means the house edge is typically able to jump to 5.26%.
- European Roulette: In this variant, you’ll only see the 0 pocket. That makes the house edge only 2.7%. Some variants have a Racetrack. This contains Call Bets like Voisins Du Zero or Orphelins.
- French Roulette: This variant gives the best odds for Even Chance wagers. If you lose an Even Chance bet, you can get back up to half of your money. Like the European variant, this only has the 0 pocket.
- Live Roulette: This is played online with an actual croupier. They use state-of-the-art webcams. You can see how the game is played, the spinning of the wheel, etc. They usually give you a timeslot to place your bets before they start spinning the wheel.
- Mini Roulette: This variant was specifically developed for online casinos. It only has 13 slots, 6 each for red and black, and 1 zero pocket. The payouts are also scaled down.
- Multi Wheel Roulette: This is a version that some online casinos have. The number of wheels will depend on the casino. You’ll also notice it has extra number tracks.
Two areas in the roulette table
To be able to place bets the right way, you need to know two of the important areas of the roulette table.
The roulette wheel
This usually has 37 numbers – 38 for the American version because they have an additional 00 pocket. These numbers are listed randomly. You’ll also notice that the numbers come in alternate colors of black and red. Only the zeros are in green.
When the wheel spins, you notice a ball spinning in the other direction. After they both stop, the ball will land on the pockets – indicating the winning number of colour.
The roulette betting board
The betting board of roulette is where you place your bets. The numbers on the wheel are replicated on the board. It is arranged in three columns going from left to right in consecutive order.
When placing your bets, put the chips on the number you want to bet on. You can put bets on other numbers. There are different ways to do this.
- The Split Bet: This means betting on two numbers.
- The Street Bet: This means betting on 3 numbers beside each other, one each from the three columns.
- The Corner Bet: This means betting on 4 numbers.
- The Line Bet: This is the most number of bets you can make where you bet on six numbers on the board.
The bets are also classified based on where you put it.
- Inside Bet: This is betting on single numbers – or a small group of numbers. This is the most rewarding – but usually, the hardest to win.
- Outside Bet: This is betting on many groups. This includes odds or evens, colours, etc. This has a low reward but the chances of winning are more likely to happen.
Knowing these betting options can influence how you play roulette with real money.
Commo online roulette strategies
Although online roulette is a game of chance, that doesn’t mean you can’t do anything to minimise your losses.
There are strategies that you can use to recover any losses or minimise the risk while you play roulette with real money.
- Martingale Strategy: This is when you double your bet after you lose the previous round. This allows you to reclaim any losses – in case you win. Just be careful because you’re increasing the chances of losing a lot of money in the process.
- Reverse Martingale: This means you have to increase your bets when you win and lower it every time you lose. The goal is to limit what you can potentially lose. And gain more every time you win. The best way to apply this is to have a couple of wins after another before quitting while still ahead. This is a strategy suited for players who are more experienced at playing roulette.
- D’Alembert Strategy: This is the most conservative strategy. It involves making conservative bets after losing a round. It also follows a certain system where you place bets on odd and even numbers, 1 – 36, and on black and red.
Study how to use these strategies and see which ones you can use to help win more roulette games.
Online roulette bonus offers
When you decide to play roulette with real money, make sure you take advantage of bonus offers that the online casino has. Look at any welcome bonus offers that they have for new players. There may be something that you can use specifically for roulette.
If not, read reviews about the online casino. They may reveal something about VIP or loyalty offers that cater to online roulette players.
Having these bonus offers can help fund your games. It also allows you to try out roulette without risking your own money.
In case you’ve found a great bonus offer, make sure you understand the terms and conditions. You should also check out the wagering requirements. Make sure these are reasonable and that you won’t compromise your winnings.
Common questions when playing roulette online
Use Skrill for minimum deposit at NZ online casino
Skrill, formerly known as Moneybookers, is an easy-to-use online wallet that many online casinos offer…
Best $ 1 Deposit Casinos This 2021
Next to the no deposit casinos, those with a minimum $1 deposit requirement is probably…
5 Revolut Deposit Friendly Casinos in New Zealand 2021
Revolut is a payment option offered by several online casinos for depositing and withdrawing money.…
Starburst Without Deposit New Zealand
Starburst from Netent is a universal favourite with casino regulars and new players alike. Below,…
Play Slots With Real Money – A NZ Guide
It’s safe to say that it’s easy to play slots with real money in New…
Play Blackjack With Real Money – A NZ Guide
Can you play blackjack with real money in New Zealand? Yes, you can! In fact,…