Play Blackjack With Real Money – A NZ Guide
Can you play blackjack with real money in New Zealand? Yes, you can!
In fact, there are a lot of blackjack players here. They all have the option to play both demo and real money versions. But before you play this popular table game online, you have to make sure you know what you’re doing.
First and foremost, you need to be cautious with certain choices you’ll make. Like where will you play? Is the online casino you’ve chosen safe? What type of blackjack game will you play? These are only a few of the questions that you need to ask yourself.
Since you’re playing blackjack for real money, that means you are betting your own hard-earned cash. The game itself will already put you at risk of losing that money. If you choose to play in a disreputable online casino, then your money doesn’t stand a chance.
Fortunately, doing your research and reading about playing blackjack in New Zealand will keep you from unnecessary risks.
Table of Contents
Play blackjack with real money online
The truth is, finding an online casino to play blackjack with real money is not hard. Choosing the right and reputable one is the real challenge. But if you just do your research before you play, you can easily find the best online casinos you can safely play blackjack in.
More than finding the right online casino, make sure you understand how blackjack works. It seems like a simple card game. But if you’re betting real money, you’re obviously playing to win. You need to understand the strategies that will help you win every deal.
You’ll get this information from the online casino itself, reputable review sites, and seasoned blackjack players. There are players who are very vocal about where they play. This is especially true for NZ blackjack players. If they give positive reviews about a site, it means they found qualities in it that blackjack players will appreciate. So pay attention to these.
Online blackjack in New Zealand
To really understand what it’s like to play blackjack in New Zealand, you have to know how the country treats gambling in general.
In 1908, the New Zealand government put heavy restrictions on betting games through the Gambling Act. This means all forms of gambling are prohibited except for horse race betting. This changed in 1933 when charitable lotteries started to appear all over the country.
It was only in 1991 when the first pokie machines were seen. At first, these were operated by charitable foundations and can be seen in clubs and pubs. Back then, there weren’t any casinos in New Zealand. In fact, the first casino that legally opened in the country was only in 1994. And now, there are only 6 fully licensed land-based casinos in New Zealand.
Now, what does this have to do with your online blackjack games?
The first online casino also opened at the same time that the first land-based casino started. So blackjack players already have the option to play on either platform back then. If the government places restrictions on land-based casinos, you can expect the same strict standards online.
Keep this in mind when you start playing online blackjack with real money.
Basic rules when playing online blackjack
When you play blackjack online, the first thing you have to do is to learn the basic rules. Without knowing this, you’ll have a hard time winning deals.
Here are the things you need to remember.
- The goal is to get cards (hand) as close to 21 as possible without going beyond it.
- To win the game, you have to beat the dealer by having a better hand after two draw cards.
- Every card is dealt using a shoe – and the shuffled single deck of cards.
- Games will only be played with a single deck of cards.
- When a card is dealt, players must be allowed to split aces.
- If there’s an ace on the upcard of the dealer, they are required to follow table rules.
When you’re playing online make sure that the online casino only uses legitimate software programs. Always opt for the leading game providers because they have invested in security systems that will ensure you’ll have the best gaming experience.
This is especially true for New Zealand players who prefer to play online blackjack with a live dealer. Some players like the convenience of playing blackjack at home but they want the real-time experience. That’s what online dealer games can give. Fortunately, New Zealand players have a lot of options when it comes to live dealer online blackjack.
Best online blackjack casinos in NZ 2020
If you want to play online blackjack, you don’t just focus on choosing what type of game or software provider you’ll choose. It’s also important for you to choose the right online casino where you’ll play.
Here are some of the best online blackjack casinos that New Zealand players can choose from.
Play blackjack at 888 Casino
One of the best online casinos in New Zealand is 888 Casino. It’s actually one of the most popular casino sites in the world. It’s easy to start playing online blackjack on this site. But to maximize the benefits, you have to register and create your own account. It’s a very straightforward process so you shouldn’t have a hard time.
If you’re worried about security, 888 Casino won’t take chances with your security. They are protected by a 128-bit SSL encryption technology with an antivirus program. The site also maintains a license with the UK Gambling Commission and the Remote Gambling Authority of Gibraltar. They only offer secure payment methods. The site also makes sure the blackjack games use a regularly audited Random Number Generator.
In case you have questions, check the FAQ section. But you can also reach their customer support through the Help Centre.
Why NZ players like it…
- Offers different blackjack versions like Super Stakes Blackjack, American Blackjack, Multihand Blackjack, and other variants from reputable game developers.
- Option to play live casino with a dealer you can play in real-time. There are even several tables and live blackjack options.
- Has mobile blackjack that can be played on Android and iOS mobile devices.
- Variants are available for both high-rollers and rookie players.
Play blackjack at Karamba Casino
Karamba Casino used to be a scratch card gaming site. Now, it’s making a name for itself as one of the best online casinos to offer blackjack games. You can play the demo version first to get a feel of the site. But to play for real money, you have to create your own account. Once you’re registered, you can make a deposit to win real money.
There are many options to make a deposit and withdrawal at Karamba Casino. These are all safe because the casino uses a 128-bit SSL encryption technology. This, along with regular audits, are part of their effort to keep NZ online players safe. It’s vital to maintain their license with the UK Gambling Commission and the Malta Gaming Authority.
For questions that you may have, the online casino has an FAQ section for basic queries. They also have customer support waiting to help through live chat, email, phone, and fax.
Why NZ players like it…
- Have different variants of blackjack like Vegas Strip, Single Hand, Multihand, etc. These are developed by well-known game developers.
- The live casino powered by mostly Evolution Gaming has various blackjack games like Blackjack Live and Blackjack Party.
- Blackjack games are available on the Karamba Casino mobile version – for both iOS and Android devices.
- Games have a wide betting range for different player preferences (high or low).
Play blackjack at LeoVegas Casino
LeoVegas Casino is one of the leading online casinos that blackjack players can choose to play in. Creating an account is very easy and simple to do. You’ll immediately see the different game options. These are organized according to the type of game. You don’t always have to make a deposit immediately. You can play the demo version of the games. If you think you like to continue playing, you can make a deposit. There are various options to deposit and withdraw your funds.
The online casino is safe for you to play in because they use a 128-bit SSL encryption program to keep all transactions and information secure. LeoVegas Casino maintains a license with both the UK Gambling Commission and the Malta Gaming Authority. As long as they have a license, this means they adhere to the standards of the regulating authorities.
If you have any questions or issues while playing, get in touch with customer support. There are options to communicate your queries through live chat, email, or phone. They also have an FAQ section for you to use.
Why NZ players like it…
- Multiple blackjack games from the leading software providers. Among the games you’ll see includes Double Exposure, Multihand, Suit Em Up, Pontoon, and many more.
- A live dealer option that offers Evolution Gaming and NetEnt blackjack games.
- Option to play through your mobile device – either through the mobile browser or the app that you can download on your device.
- Betting in blackjack games have a high limit – allowing NZ players to bet up to thousands of dollars per round.
Tips to play blackjack with real money
Blackjack is a popular table game that a lot of NZ players prefer to enjoy over several other online casino games. But if you really want to enjoy it, you have to understand how to play it to win. Apart from the basic rules of blackjack, there are several tips that you need to learn. These will help you use the right strategies while playing the game – whether it’s through an app or a live dealer game.
First of all, if you’re new to the game, try out the demo first. Don’t bet any real money yet – even if you already deposited some amount in your account. Try a couple of games first so you can feel how the rules take effect and how the cards are dealt.
Make sure that you read about the terms used in the games and the different strategies that can help you win. The more you know about it, the easier it’ll be for you to switch tactics as you keep on playing.
Types of online blackjack bets and moves
You have to be aware of the different terms used to describe the various bets and moves. It’ll allow you to identify the possible strategies that you can use as you play.
- Blackjack – when the total value of your cards is 21.
- Hit – when you decide to take another card (same for the dealer).
- Stand – when you decide to stop getting more cards (beyond the two that you already have) to avoid exceeding beyond 21.
- Face card – any card with a picture on it (King, Queen, Jack)
- Double Down – when you choose to double your bet and to take another card. This is only advisable if you are sure your hand will win.
- Bankroll – the money you use while playing. This applies to any casino game you play.
- Surrender – this means half of your bet will be returned. This is only available to specific versions of blackjack.
- Soft hand – when you have one Ace in your cards. The value of this card can either be one or 11.
Steps to beat the dealer
When playing blackjack online, you need to focus on one goal – to beat the dealer. He or she is your only opponent here. Although live blackjack games include other players, you won’t be playing against them. You’ll only be playing against the dealer.
So how can you beat the dealer? Let’s enumerate tips you can use.
- Know the rules. This is not just for the basic rules. Remember that blackjack has different variants. That means the rules will also vary.
- Choose your original bet. At the beginning of the round, decide the amount that you want to bet. This will depend on the type of blackjack variant that you’ll use. If you are still new at this, choose a small amount to start with.
- Clicking the “deal button” will make the dealer start giving cards. You’ll get two cards to face up. In some games, one card is facing down. If you get a “Blackjack” that means you got 21 with just the first two cards. That will automatically make you a winner.
- Be careful when deciding to hit or stand. Without a “Blackjack” you need to decide if you want to “hit” or “stand.” Make sure you won’t exceed 21 or else you lose the round.
- Focus on the dealer’s card. Whoever among the two of you is closest to the number 21, will win the game.
- Adjust the bet before you go to the next round. Make sure it still feels right based on the money you have left or the strategy you want to use.
Online blackjack bonus offers
Online casinos have bonus offers that are specific to blackjack games. There are even bonus offers for live casino versions of the game.
Usually, these bonuses are offered when the player decides to register an account with an online casino. There are times when it’s offered as part of the loyalty program for VIPs. To stay updated on these bonus offers, subscribe to the email notifications of the online casino. You can also go to bonus specific websites to get details about the best blackjack bonus offers.
When claiming a bonus, make sure that you read the terms and conditions first. Get to know if there are limitations to the bonus or if there are terms that you have to meet before you can claim your winnings. This will ensure that your winning bets can be withdrawn without any problem.
Play Slots With Real Money – A NZ Guide
It’s safe to say that it’s easy to play slots with real money in New…
Play Roulette With Real Money – A NZ Guide
New Zealand players can play roulette with real money anytime they want. Roulette is one…
4 Safe NZ Casino Apps
What could be better than enjoying a safe online game at your favourite casino? Enjoying…
Here Are 5 Safe Casino Games We Like In 2020
Roulette From 888 Casino Roulette is a classic casino game that’s been around for ages…
6 Safe Blackjack Sites In New Zealand This 2020
Finding safe blackjack sites in New Zealand is the first step to enjoying this well-loved…
The Minimum And Max Deposit Limit On Videoslots Nz
Minimum Deposit: $20 Maximum Deposit: None Deposit Methods: Mastercard, Visa, Ecocard, Neteller, Skrill, Siru, Poli,…